IT and Information Skills and services for your research - a free hands-on workshop for research students introducing key tools, techniques and resources.
Topics covered in this 2 hour session include:
- Reference management software
- Literature searching and advanced search techniques
- Keeping up to date with emerging research
- Managing your thesis with Word
- Analysing data with Excel pivot tables
- Podcasting with Audacity and WebLearn
- Free software for image manipulation
- Measuring research impact
- Your thesis, copyright and submitting to ORA
During the sessions you will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
These workshops which are run jointly by IT Services and the Bodleian Libraries are open to graduate researchers and take place in week 1 of Hilary Term:
- Research Skills Toolkit for Medical Sciences Wed 21 Jan 10.00-12.00, Thurs 22 Jan 14.00-16.00 – Book a place