There are many online resources now available for OUH Trust staff including e-Journals, e-Books, online collections such as UpToDate and Clinical Evidence.
You can access these resources from any PC using NHS Athens (except UpToDate, which is available within the OUH Intranet) by logging in to My Library, however this page is regularly updated with key resources and links to useful sites listed below.
Log in to NHS Evidence My Journals to access over 800 full-text journals, including: The Lancet, British Journal of Nursing, Critical Care Medicine, Foundation Years Journal, Nursing Times, Internurse and Intermid titles.
Make sure to log in with Athens to access all the titles you are entitled to.
A range of e-books are available, log in with Athens to access titles including:
- The Royal Marsden Manual available within OUHi (OXNET login is required), or remotely with Athens login.
- Made Incredibly Easy! a series of reference books for nursing staff, written by experienced clinicians.
- OUP Nursing Handbooks reference books for nurses.
- NHS MY iLibrary full text e-books, purchased from MyiLibrary at national, regional and local levels
- The SWIMS Catalogue lists all available e-books, and NHS Athens login is required for all e-books.
- 123Library Exam Preparation e-book collection for Junior Doctors
Other Online Collections
- 123Doc Question Banks exam questions for Junior Doctors - login with NHS Athens
- BMJ Case Reports view and submit peer reviewed case reports - login with NHS Athens and contact email@example.com for the ‘Fellowship Code’ to submit reports.
- BMJ Learning online CME and CPD modules. Free WebEx sessions in August/September 2012 - login with NHS Athens
- British National Formulary - available within OUHi or login with NHS Athens
- Clinical Evidence collection of reviews of treatment for clinical conditions - login with NHS Athens
- Clinical Key collection of 500+ ejournals and ebooks - login with NHS Athens
- Internurse - online archive of nursing articles - login with Athens
- Intermid - online archive of midwifery articles - login with Athens
- OTSeeker abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to occupational therapy - Free
- Pedro abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to physiotherapy - Free
- PubMed citations for biomedical citations from MEDLINE and life science journals - Free
- PubMed with Oxford links indicates which articles are available via University subscriptions - Free
- Sci59 Online is a career planning resource for Foundation Year doctors and clinical medical students. Usernames are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trip Database search engine for clinicians - Free
- UpToDate topic reviews for many aspects of clinical medicine - available within OUHi
NHS Evidence Healthcare Databases Advanced Search includes the following (log in with NHS Athens):
- AMED - Allied health professions, complementary medicine, 1985 to present
- BNI - British Nursing Index: Nursing, midwifery, health visitors, 1985 to present
- CINAHL - Nursing and allied health, 1981 to present
- EMBASE - General medical with European focus, pharmacology, 1980 - present
- Health Business Elite - includes Harvard Business Review
- HMIC - Health service management and administration, with a focus on UK
- MEDLINE - General medical, 1950 - present
- PsycINFO - Psychiatry, psychology and social sciences, 1806 - present.
- Transplant Library database - login with NHS Athens.