There are many online resources now available for OUH Trust staff including e-Journals, e-Books, and online collections such as UpToDate and Clinical Evidence.
Log in to NHS Evidence My Journals to access over 800 full-text journals, including: The Lancet, British Journal of Nursing, Critical Care Medicine, Nursing Times, Internurse and Intermid titles.
Make sure to log in with NHS OpenAthens to access all the titles you are entitled to.
A range of e-Books are available, log in with NHS OpenAthens to access titles including:
- Oxford Medicine Online - 700+ e-Books including all the Oxford Medical Handbooks and Nursing Handbooks.
- The Royal Marsden Manual available within OUHi (OXNET login is required), or remotely with NHS OpenAthens login.
- The SWIMS Catalogue lists all available e-books, and NHS OpenAthens login is required for all e-books.
Other Online Collections
- BMJ Case Reports view and submit peer reviewed case reports - login with NHS OpenAthens and contact email@example.com for the 'Fellowship Code' to submit reports.
- BMJ Learning online CME and CPD modules - login with NHS OpenAthens.
- British National Formulary - available within OUHi or login with NHS OpenAthens
- Clinical Evidence collection of reviews of treatment for clinical conditions - login with NHS OpenAthens.
- InterNurse - online archive of nursing articles - login with NHS OpenAthens.
- InterMid - online archive of midwifery articles - login with NHS OpenAthens.
- OTSeeker abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to occupational therapy - Free
- Pedro abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to physiotherapy - Free
- PubMed citations for biomedical citations from MEDLINE and life science journals - Free
- Trip Database search engine for clinicians - Free
- UpToDate topic reviews for many aspects of clinical medicine - available within OUHi or with NHS OpenAthens login.
NHS Evidence Healthcare Databases Advanced Search includes the following (log in with NHS OpenAthens):
- AMED - Allied health professions, complementary medicine, 1985 to present
- BNI - British Nursing Index: Nursing, midwifery, health visitors, 1985 to present
- CINAHL - Nursing and allied health, 1981 to present
- EMBASE - General medical with European focus, pharmacology, 1980 - present
- Health Business Elite - includes Harvard Business Review
- HMIC - Health service management and administration, with a focus on UK
- MEDLINE - General medical, 1950 - present
- PsycINFO - Psychiatry, psychology and social sciences, 1806 - present.
- Transplant Library database - login with NHS OpenAthens.