There are many online resources now available for OUH Trust staff including e-Journals, e-Books, online collections such as UpToDate and Clinical Evidence.
Log in to NHS Evidence My Journals to access over 800 full-text journals, including: The Lancet, British Journal of Nursing, Critical Care Medicine, Foundation Years Journal, Nursing Times, Internurse and Intermid titles.
Make sure to log in with NHS Athens to access all the titles you are entitled to.
A range of e-books are available, log in with NHS athens to access titles including:
- New collection Oxford Medicine Online - includes all the Oxford Medical Handbooks and Nursing Handbooks
- The Royal Marsden Manual available within OUHi (OXNET login is required), or remotely with NHS Athens login.
- Made Incredibly Easy! a series of reference books for nursing staff, written by experienced clinicians.
- OUP Nursing Handbooks reference books for nurses.
- NHS MY iLibrary full text e-books, purchased from MyiLibrary at national, regional and local levels
- The SWIMS Catalogue lists all available e-books, and NHS Athens login is required for all e-books.
- 123Library Exam Preparation e-book collection for Junior Doctors
Other Online Collections
- 123Doc Question Banks exam questions for Junior Doctors - login with NHS Athens
- BMJ Case Reports view and submit peer reviewed case reports - login with NHS Athens and contact email@example.com for the ‘Fellowship Code’ to submit reports.
- BMJ Learning online CME and CPD modules - login with NHS Athens
- British National Formulary - available within OUHi or login with NHS Athens
- Clinical Evidence collection of reviews of treatment for clinical conditions - login with NHS Athens
- Clinical Key collection of 500+ ejournals and ebooks - login with NHS Athens
- DynaMed clinical reference tool for use at the point-of-care - login with NHS Athens. Apple and Android apps available Click here for the Apple App help guide (PDF file) Click here for the Android App help guide (PDF file)
- Internurse - online archive of nursing articles - login with NHS Athens
- Intermid - online archive of midwifery articles - login with NHS Athens
- OTSeeker abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to occupational therapy - Free
- Pedro abstracts of systematic reviews and RCTs relevant to physiotherapy - Free
- PubMed citations for biomedical citations from MEDLINE and life science journals - Free
- Sci59 Online is a career planning resource for Foundation Year doctors and clinical medical students. Usernames are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trip Database search engine for clinicians - Free
- UpToDate topic reviews for many aspects of clinical medicine - available within OUHi or with NHS Athens login
NHS Evidence Healthcare Databases Advanced Search includes the following (log in with NHS Athens):
- AMED - Allied health professions, complementary medicine, 1985 to present
- BNI - British Nursing Index: Nursing, midwifery, health visitors, 1985 to present
- CINAHL - Nursing and allied health, 1981 to present
- EMBASE - General medical with European focus, pharmacology, 1980 - present
- Health Business Elite - includes Harvard Business Review
- HMIC - Health service management and administration, with a focus on UK
- MEDLINE - General medical, 1950 - present
- PsycINFO - Psychiatry, psychology and social sciences, 1806 - present.
- Transplant Library database - login with NHS Athens.