We provide a range of services to support the information needs of staff and students working for the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and doctors and dentists on training grades across Oxfordshire.
We can help you to find the evidence you need to support your healthcare practice, management, education, research, lifelong learning and continuing professional development.
Please take a look at our NHS LibGuide for all the information you need on electronic resources.
Our team of Outreach librarians are happy to help you with literature searches, electronic database training, search skills advice, keeping you up to date, book and journal recommendations and general references enquiries.
We are happy to meet you at your place of work if you are too busy to come to one of the Bodleian Bodleian Health Care Libraries.
Please see our Books pages for more details.
- We have a large collection of books for you to consult and borrow; these are listed on SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online).
- e-Books are also available, please see our OUH Online Resources pages for more details
- Access to some resources is only possible with an OUH affiliated NHS OpenAthens Account.
- There are many online resources now available for NHS staff, including e-Journals, e-Books, online collections such as UpToDate, and bibliographic databases such as Medline.
- You can access these resources from any PC using NHS OpenAthens here.
For further details, including an up to date list of resources, please see our OUH Trust Online Resources pages for more details.
Please see our Training pages for more details.
We offer a wide range of training opportunities, including customised classes and one-to-one sessions. We can also provide basic and advanced induction and training sessions, as well as training sessions as part of your away days, meetings or study days.
These can be held at the Library or other location of your choice. Topics might include:
- ·Essential Search Skills.
- Effective Use of PubMed
- Introduction to the Cochrane Library
- Searching for Guidelines
- NHS Evidence Health Information Resources
- Reference Management Software such as EndNote or RefWorks.
- Critical Appraisal Skills.
Group, Private Study and Training Spaces
Our libraries provide group study rooms that you can book in advance or just turn up and use as well as quiet places to study or browse the latest journal issues.
We have over 50 PCs on the Bodleian Libraries and OUH Trust networks that you can use to access the Internet and to search all of the major healthcare databases as well as thousands of electronic journals. You can also access a range of standard office software packages.
Wireless access is available at both our sites as are printing and photocopying facilities.
You can print, copy and scan in the libraries. Please see the Bodleian Libraries Making a Copy pages for more information.
Please contact us for more details.