Automated Circulation was launched at Bodleian Latin American Centre Library in Michaelmas Term 2008.
Readers should now check out books at the Library Office. Please ensure that you have your University card with you.
With Circulation come one or two changes, of which the following are the most important (for full details ask the librarians):
- Undergraduate and post-graduate readers can borrow up to 10 books for 2 weeks, with the option to renew online up to 3 times
- DPhil readers can borrow up to 10 books for 4 weeks, with the option to renew online up to 3 times
- Fellows can borrow books for 8 weeks, with the option to renew online up to 6 times
- Visiting readers may be allowed to register and borrow books at the discretion of the librarians
- Periodicals and reference materials are confined, although arrangements for short term loans can sometimes be made at the discretion of the librarians
- Automated email reminders will be sent to borrowers
- Readers may reserve or recall books at the Library Office
- LATE RETURN FINES are .20p per day
NOTE If the Latin American Centre is open but the Library Office is closed books may still be borrowed – if the item does not have a barcode (that is, materials purchased before 1991), readers should fill out 1 issue slip per book in the Main Library, noting required details and leave it in the appropriate tray.
If, though, the item has a barcode, readers should use the self-issue system at the PC in the Main Library:
- Simply scan in your University card number
- When prompted, scan in the barcode on the book
- If you are taking out a number of books, scan in subsequent ones, one by one
- Once you have scanned all the books you want to take out, click ‘Finish’ to reset the software for the next reader
RETURNS cannot be scanned into the self-issue system. They should be left on the trolley in the Main Library. PLEASE NOTE if you are in any way concerned about leaving returned books on the trolley in the Main Library (because, for example, there will be no record of them being returned), please bring them back when the Library Office is open.