If you have a question about the collections and services of the English Faculty Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Oxford University Libraries
- a former member of Oxford University Libraries needing to use the EFL
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by EFL
then Ask an EFL Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the EFL who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: English Faculty Library, St. Cross Building, Manor Road, Oxford OX1 3UQ
- telephone: 01865 271050 (+44 1865 271050 from outside the United Kingdom)
More complex enquiries on collections may be referred to specialist staff. For any enquiry relating other subjects or areas, please contact the relevant subject librarian or use Ask an Oxford Librarian.
Notes on the service
Ask an EFL Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the English Faculty Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working days are Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to EFL collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.