Bodleian Library: Introductory Sessions
All sessions are general ones, providing a practical introduction to the Bodleian within the context of the Bodleian Libraries, with hands-on guidance in the use of the search and discovery tool Search Oxford Libraries Online (SOLO), the automated stack request system. The sessions are run in the Training Room located in the Old Bodleian Library Lower Reading Room. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the library environment, these sessions do not include a tour of the library.
Scheduled sessions run throughout term on Mondays, 2pm-3pm.
To book a place or find out more
- telephone 01865 (2)77162
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name, general subject area, University or library card number, and date of session)
- visit the Main Enquiry Desk (first floor of the Old Library)
On the day of your session please report to the Main Enquiry Desk promptly, or let us know if you are unable to attend.
Readers requiring specific help with science resources may wish to book a place on a Making the Most of the Radcliffe Science Library session (the Radcliffe Science Library holds legal deposit material in the sciences for Oxford University, the central Bodleian does not hold science books).
Other courses for library users
To find out more about the library resources available to you, including those specific to your subject area, visit the Training and Workshops web page on the Bodleian Libraries' website.
A range of guides to the Bodleian Libraries subjects and collections, electronic resources, libraries and services is available from the Guides page.
- Information discovery and searching for scholarly materials
- Endnote, RefWorks, Zotero and Mendeley for managing references and formatting footnotes and bibliographies
- Keeping up to date with new research
- Measuring research impact
- Understanding copyright and looking after your intellectual property
- Open Access publishing and complying with funder mandates for open access
- Managing your research data
Bodleian iSkills - workshops in information discovery and scholarly communications covering searching for scholarly materials, keeping up to date with the latest research, reference management, measuring impact, copyright and protecting your intellectual property, open access and research data management.
Workshops for your subject - workshops focussing on key resources and tools for particular subject groups.
Oxford LibGuides provides a wide range of guides to subject resources, research techniques and information skills.
Need Help?Please contact:
- Angela Carritt, Bodleian Libraries Information Skills Co-ordinator (email@example.com)
Tel: 01865 (2)83808.