7 July 2018 10.00am — 4.00pm
Blackwell Hall, Weston Library (Map)
Weston Library Information desk - 01865 277094
Join us to celebrate Alice's Day at the Weston Library for drop-in printing and badge-making, bookable mini book-making workshops, and a range of lectures.
Drop-in Activities (Weston Library):
- 10am-4pm - Badge making
- 11am-3pm - Hand-press printing
- 10am-4pm - Hiroko Hanna's Animated Alice
Lewis Carroll's Journeys and Alice's Adventures (Weston Library Lecture Theatre)
The Lewis Carroll Society presents four illustrated talks:
- 10am - Alice in Otherlands: Parodies and pastiches by Dr Selwyn Goodacre
- 11am - Votes for Alice: Suffragettes in Wonderland by Professor Katherine Cockin
- 1pm – Alice in Volga-land: Lewis Carroll's excursion to Russia by Mark Davies
- 2pm – Lewis Carroll in Psychology-land: Dreams, Asylums and Fantasy by Dr Franziska Kohlt
There will also be an additional lecture:
- 3.30pm - Girls uncovering curiosity, by Joani Etskovitz
Please note, there is no advance booking for the lectures. Please meet outside the Lecture Theatre in Blackwell Hall.
Curious Cabinets & Curiouser Craft Workshop
Make a miniature book and discover nineteenth-century children's cabinets of literature with the curator of the display Curious Cabinets.
The workshop is free, but booking is essential. Please follow the link below to book one of the following time slots - 10-10.50am, 11-11.50am, 1-1.50pm, and 2-2.50pm.
Please meet in the Old Schools Quadrangle of the Old Bodleian, by the statue. Suitable for ages 7-14. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Family events; Free events