Tickets for individual tours are available:
- In advance: Tickets for all Extended Tours, selected Standard Tours, and selected Mini Tours go on sale two weeks in advance. They are available online until the night before the tour (see links for individual tours below).
- On the day: Tickets for all tours are available on the day from the Great Gate ticket office (subject to availability).
30 minute tour
This tour allows you to view the most beautiful parts of the Bodleian Library in just 30 minutes.
60 minute tour
This tour shows you the interior of the buildings that form the historic heart of the University.
| || |
90 minute tour
This tour offers the opportunity to visit both the Bodleian Library's wonderful historic rooms and the modern underground reading room.
Oxford sightseeing tour
A tour of major attractions around Oxford. This ticket offers discounted entry to major attractions within the city, including the Bodleian Libraries.
What you'll see:
Length/times: Monday to Friday. Includes the 24-hour 'Hop On, Hop Off' bus tour, incorporating a tour of Oxford Castle, entry to the Sheldonian Theatre and a 30 minute tour of the Bodleian Library (15:30 tour only).
Follow the history of the Bodleian Library from its birth through to the present with a tour of the spectacular architecture.
This splendid medieval room is the oldest teaching hall and earliest examination hall of the University.
A leaflet where Thomas Bodley takes your family on a trail around the Bodleian Libraries and teach you about the history of this world famous location.
Guided tours - please note
- Guided tours are in English
- All tours include a number of stairs and some walking
- It is advisable for groups to book in advance
- The routes and times of tours may change - check with staff
- Only children 11 years and over are admitted on guided tours into the library
- Visitors are asked to leave all bags, including ladies handbags, in secure lockers for the duration of all Bodleian Library tours
- Advance booking online is subject to a £1 booking fee per transaction