The training sessions are organised by the Bodleian Libraries Staff Development Team and run regularly throughout term on a Wednesday afternoon.
During your first term, Michaelmas term (Oct-Dec), you will be attending sessions that develop the skills you need for your role. Sessions include:
training on OLIS, our Library Management System;
e-journals and databases;
customer care training; and
- a session on becoming a library and information professional (which covers postgraduate study).
Hilary and Trinity terms
- social media
- special collections and conservation
- collections management and the subject consultant's role
- visits to various places: usually a public library, health care library, the archives and our book storage facility
- plus transferable skills: presentation skills and careers and job application skills
Your supervisor may also highlight other training for you to attend.
Our trainees have said of our sessions: