The Clay Sanskrit Library project aims not only to distribute and promote the collection within the academic community but to reach out to schools, public libraries and practitioner communities with a vested interest in the literature and its significance today.
We have so far participated in five promotional activities with school groups, and more are lined up in the coming months. In July sessions were given on:
- Introduction to South Asian Studies (Sixth Form Visit, Exeter College)
- Manuscript session / Indian Institute Tour (St James School Senior Boys)
- Manuscript session / Indian Institute Tour (St James School Senior Girls)
- Sanskrit and the Indo-European Languages (UNIQ Summer School)
- Indian Religions through the Arts (UNIQ Summer School)