Return of loans
Temporary loan hubs
We have set up five temporary loan hubs. Readers can return items to the following locations:
- The Philosophy and Theology Faculty Library at the Radcliffe Humanities building - this is an external drop-box situated to the right of the main entrance. Books can be returned at anytime.
- The Sainsbury Library at the Saïd Business School - this is an external drop-box situated to the right side of the building on Rewley Road opposite the Fire Station. Books can be returned at anytime.
- The Social Science Library at the Manor Road building. From Monday 6 July readers will be able to return their books to the Manor Road Building Atrium, Monday - Friday 12–4pm, rather than only on Tuesdays. This drop-box is located in the atrium.
- Old Road Research Campus Building. This drop-box is located at the main door. Books can be returned on Wednesdays 12–2pm.
- Weston Library. This drop-box is located at the Parks Road entrance. Books can be returned on Tuesdays between 9am-12pm.
For more information on the locations view the returning of loans map.
Health and Safety guidelines will be provided at the Returns Hubs. Please follow instructions displayed on the signage or given verbally by staff managing the hub.
The Bodleian Libraries, other departmental libraries, and college libraries will be working closely together to ensure repatriation of books to the owning library.
Royal Mail Tracking
If you are unable to visit Oxford, you can send books to us using the Royal Mail Tracked service.
Follow the instructions to print off a package label at home or to use a QR code, sent by email, to print the label at the Royal Mail post office.
Package the books following Royal Mail's guidance as best you can.
Take the package with label or QR code attached to your nearest Post Office and they will complete the rest of the sending process.
This is a free service.
For more information, see our Return by Post FAQs.
Once you have returned your books, either to a temporary hub or by post, it will take some time for them to be fully processed and they will remain on your library record during this time.
No overdue fines will be charged on books which have been returned and are awaiting check-in.
If you are unable to return the books to Oxford yourself or take them to a Post Office, or you are outside UK, please email email@example.com and further instructions will be provided.
If you have enquiries about returning your books, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.