You can join the Bodleian Health Care Libraries if you are associated with the following organisations:
- University of Oxford staff and students
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust all staff
- Oxford Brookes University Faculty of Health and Life Sciences staff and students have reference access.
Please contact us for details of how you can join if you work for another healthcare-related organisation in the Thames Valley.
When you join us you will need to provide:
- Appropriate ID (hospital staff), or University Card
- Contact details (work or course of study)
- The name of your administrator or supervisor.
You will be asked to complete a registration form (OUH staff and students click here for registration form, Oxford Brookes registration form click here) and we will need to take a photo of you if you do not already have a University Card or a Bodleian Card. Registrations for the Bodleian Health Care Libraries can now be taken at all our sites:
- Cairns Library, John Radcliffe Hospital
- Horton Library, Horton General Hospital
- Knowledge Centre, Old Road Campus
- Girdlestone Memorial (NOC) Library, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
Where possible, we aim to print your card at the time of registration at both Cairns and NOC Libraries. For the Knowledge Centre and Horton, we will aim to print your card within 2 days and library staff will contact you when it is ready for collection if you register at these two sites.
Please read the Bodleian Libraries Rules of Conduct for Readers.
Access for non-HCL Bodleian Card holders
Bodleian Health Care Libraries (BHCL) are Bodleian Group 2 Libraries. Non-HCL Bodleian Card holders who are not current members of one of our external funding bodies can access BHCL during staffed hours within University of Oxford vacations only.
This group cannot:
- Borrow or order BHCL-owned material
- Have literature searches done for them
- Have 1-to-1 training.