Thursday 23rd November 14.00 - 15.30, Radcliffe Science Library, IT Training Room
During this introduction to citation tracking and bibliometrics we will use a range of 'impact factor' tools to find top journals and conferences, count citations and measure the impact of publications and researchers.
Subjects to be covered include:
- Understanding the main issues involved in using citation analysis to measure impact
- Using Journal Citation Reports and CiteScore Journal Metrics to find journal impact factors
- Using Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar to track and count citations to papers and individual researchers
- Calculating your own h-index
- Measuring impact using altmetrics
- Creating a researcher profile and using ORCID IDs to identify your work
Intended Audience: Researchers, Academics, Research Support Staff and Research Postgraduates in Sciences and Social Sciences.