If you have a question about the collections and services of the Bodleian Health Care Libraries and are:
- a member of staff or student of the University of Oxford Medical Sciences Division
- a current member of the Bodleian Libraries
- a member of staff employed by the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust (ORHT), the Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust and doctors and dentists on training grades across Oxfordshire
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by the BHCL
then Ask a BHCL Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the BHCL who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: email@example.com
- post: Cairns Library, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DU
- telephone: 01865 221936 (+44 1865 221936 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask a Bodleian Health Care Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the Bodleian Health Care Libraries. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working daysare Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to BHCL collections and services.