Online Learning Resources for NHS Evidence HDAS (Healthcare Database Advanced search) and PubMed
NHS Evidence provides a range of clinical databases to staff who have an NHS OpenAthens username and password. These databases are: Medline, Cinahl, Psycinfo, Embase, Amed, British Nursing Index, HMIC (Health Management Information Consortium).
Here are some guides for using the NHS Evidence HDAS (Healthcare Database Advanced search) interface:
PubMed online learning resources:
- PubMed Simple Subject Search tutorial (takes 1 minute to complete, PubMed)
- PubMed Search by Author tutorial (takes 2 minutes to complete, PubMed)
- PubMed Searching with the MESH Database tutorial (takes 3 minutes to complete, PubMed)
e-LfH ‘Building the Foundations’e-LfH (NHS Health Education England) are developing e-learning modules, starting with three to enable users to assess their current level of skill in literature searching, find out more about the resources available to them and get started planning a search.
Module 1 Introduction to searching
Module 2 Where do I start searching?
Module 3 How do I start to develop a search strategy?
Getting Started Leaflets
Our Getting Started leaflets were introduced in Spring 2005, and they are extremely popular. Download as many as you like for free (a PDF reader is required).
- Getting Started with citing references Dec 17
- Getting Started with e-Journals Dec 17
- Getting Started with Oxford University e-Journals Dec 17
- Getting Started with NHS OpenAthens e-Journals Dec 17
- Getting Started with an NHS OpenAthens account Dec 17
- Getting Started with Bodleian Wi-Fi Dec 17