The Bodleian Libraries provides access to a great many commercial and archived data resources. Despite these resources, academic departments or research centres may already have, or be interested in obtaining, other data resources that are not of this sort. This may include data collections which are:
- acquired during a research project
- unsuitable for distribution over the main IT network
- acquired through individual negotiation
- paid for by a department or research centre
- in need of secure and backed up storage
- orphaned following the completion of a project
In order to support the use and preservation of such collections a data brokering service is available. This offers advice in negotiating licences or agreements in the use of such data. Guidance on the secure use and storage of such data is also now offered and it is possible to discuss storing collections within our restricted data portal.