The Library receives a selection of periodicals on subjects relevant to the Department's courses.
All periodicals are reference only.
Periodical issues are located as follows:
- All current issues are displayed in the Jessup Reading Room until the next issue arrives to replace them.
- Lower Library: back issues are arranged alphabetically by title within subject areas.
- Reading Room: back issues of newspaper style periodicals are kept in this room.
- Upper Library: back issues of Local Studies periodicals are located near the Local Collection.
Details of our holdings are on SOLO, and can be found in the Periodicals Handlist in the Upper Library and Reading Room.
Below is a complete list on PDF of the library's current holdings of journals arranged by subject headings. Some journals may be interdisciplinary, so it may be necessary to check other relevant subject areas. Journals to which we currently subscribe are indicated by *.
|LOCAL HISTORY||LOCAL STUDIES||MATHEMATICS|
Finding journals on SOLO
To find a journal issue, search SOLO, the library catalogue for Oxford University libraries. SOLO includes records for both printed journals and e-Journals, as well as other resources.
When you have found a journal on SOLO, use the Find and Request tab to check:
- which libraries hold copies
- the call number that shows the subject and accordingly the location in the Library
- whether the relevant issue is available.
E-Journals are indicated on the SOLO record with the words [electronic resource]. Any student of the Department can access the full text of e-Journals using Library computers. Students on award-bearing courses can also access e-Journals from home using Single Sign On.
For more information on journals, see Finding journals and articles.