I need a scholarly introduction to my topic
Have a look at Oxford Handbooks Online. The handbooks contain in depth, high level articles written by scholars at the top of their field.
What subjects are covered?
There are currently 14 subject areas which include:
- Classical Studies
Within each subject area, you will find a collection of Handbooks. For example, there are 61 under Literature.
How do they work?
- You can browse through a Handbook
- You can search within a Handbook, within one or more subject areas, or the whole collection
- You can refine your search in various ways
- The bibliography for each article is linked to SOLO so you can access electronic items or locate print items
- You can save and/or print articles within normal copyright restrictions.
How do I find Oxford Handbooks?
- If you are looking for a specific Handbook, you can search for it on SOLO as for any other book.
- If you want to explore the whole collection, or a subject area, you can enter the search 'Oxford Handbooks Online' on SOLO or OxLIP+
- All registered library users can access the Handbooks in the Library. If you have a University card you can also access them off campus using your Oxford Single Sign On.
- You'll also find print copies of the Handbooks in the Bodleian Libraries