Who need not apply for a Reader Card?

If you hold a current formal affiliation as a member of staff, student, or academic visitor to a Faculty, Department, Institute or College at the University of Oxford, and require access to the Bodleian Libraries, you will not need to apply for a Bodleian Reader Card. If you are already affiliated with the University of Oxford, you will have access to the Bodleian Libraries via different methods. You can find more information about how to use your University Card here.

Retired members of staff of the University of Oxford are eligible for a Retiree Card, if they are in receipt of a University Pension. This includes OSPS, USS, SAUL, NHS Pension Scheme, or exceptionally another pension scheme if this has been agreed under a TUPE agreement, and in any case where the person has held a University of Oxford post.

Back to top