If you have a question about the collections and services of the Bodleian Japanese Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Oxford University Libraries
- a former member of Oxford University Libraries needing to use the Bodleian Japanese Library
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by the Bodleian Japanese Library
then Ask a BJL Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the Bodleian Japanese Library who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: email@example.com
- post: Bodleian Japanese Library, 27 Winchester Road, Oxford, OX2 6NA
- telephone: 01865 284506 (+44 1865 284506 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask a BJL Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the Bodleian Japanese Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working daysare Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to Bodleian Japanese Library collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.