21 March 2015 8.30am — 4.00pm
Weston Library (Map)
Behind the scenes at the Bodleian Libraries: a weekend of discovery to celebrate the public opening of the Weston Library
This exclusive tour of the Weston Library visits:
- the original King George VI ceremonial door;
- the new Roof Terrace (via a lift) with its magnificent views;
- the Charles Wendell David Reading Room;
- the Reading Room enquiries area (please note, this involves 60 steps down);
- the Mackerras Reading Room;
- the Rare Books and Manuscripts Reading Room;
- the Gallery above Blackwell Hall (there are 20 steps back down to the ground floor).
These tours are available only on the opening weekend (Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 March) and are limited to 10 people per tour.
Tours run every 30 minutes throughout the day and will last approximate 45 minutes.
Tickets are £10 each and online bookings will close at midnight on Thursday 19 March.
Please note that these tours are not suitable for wheelchair users or children under the age of 11 years. We request that no large bags be taken on the tours.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your tour starts and go to the Information Desk in Blackwell Hall in the Weston Library.
Booking must be made to reserve tickets in advance. A limited number of tickets will also be available to purchase on the day, on a first come first served basis.
Book a tour:
|8:30 tour||12:00 tour|
|9:00 tour||12:30 tour|
|9:30 tour||13:00 tour|
|10:00 tour||13:30 tour|
|10:30 tour||14:00 tour|
|11:00 tour||14:30 tour|
|11:30 tour||15:00 tour|