9 July 2013 — 21 July 2013
Oxford Playhouse 01865 305305
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Joe Murphy
Firmly established as one of the city's annual highlights, Oxford Playhouse and the Bodleian Library are delighted to welcome back the Globe Theatre on Tour to perform The Taming of the Shrew in the stunning setting of the Old Schools Quadrangle, Bodleian Library.
Shakespeare's outrageous comedy introduces one of theatre's great screwball double-acts: a couple hell-bent on confusing and outwitting each other right up to its controversial conclusion.
Book tickets via the Oxford Playhouse Ticket Office.
Tuesday to Sunday 7.45pm
Saturday 20 July matinee 3.30pm
Sunday matinees 2.30pm
£18.50 (discounts £16.50)
Join us at 7pm in Convocation House, Bodleian Library for a pre-show talk before each evening performance. Tickets for the pre-show talks are FREE but space is limited, so reserve your place via the Oxford Playhouse Ticket Office.
- Tuesday 9 July: Dr James Methven (Magdalen College School)
- Wednesday 10 July: Dr Emma Smith (Hertford College)
- Thursday 11 July: Dr Deana Rankin (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Friday 12 July: Professor Simon Palfrey (Brasenose College)
- Saturday 13 July: Dr Bea Groves (Trinity College)
- Sunday 14 July: Professor Katherine Duncan-Jones (Somerville College)
- Tuesday 16 July: Professor Elisabeth Dutton (University of Fribourg, Switzerland)
- Wednesday 17 July: Dr Helen Barr (Lady Margaret Hall)
- Thursday 18 July: Professor Laurie Maguire (Magdalen College)
- Friday 19 July: Dr Anna Beer (Kellogg College)
- Saturday 20 July: Professor Tom Betteridge (Brunel University)
- Sunday 21 July: Dr Rhodri Lewis (St. Hugh's College)
Booking is via Oxford Playhouse ticket officeFamily events; Performances; Special events