To facilitate the opening of the new area, fetching of material from the Gladstone Link will be more controlled in the run up to the opening. This is to enable as much material as possible to be on open access in the new space when it opens.
- From 2 pm on Friday 24th June, new requests for material from the Gladstone Link will be delivered to the Lower Camera reading room.
- Requesting of Gladstone Link material will be suspended at 2 pm on Thursday 30th June.
- All Gladstone Link material will be returned to the area at 9 am on Monday 4th July.
- This material should be available on open access when the area opens to readers on the following day.
The new regulations will come into effect from Monday 4th July and are as follows:
- Pre-1701 material can be read in Duke Humfrey's Library or the Special Collections reading room at RSL by readers with Bod A category membership.
- Readers can use material dating from 1701 to the present in the reading rooms of the Old Bodleian Library.
- Readers are able to use material dating from 1851 to the present across the Bodleian complex.