If a date appears instead of the status 'available' in the record for a book in SOLO, this indicates that it is currently on loan to another reader until this date. If all our lending copies of a book are checked out, you may place a reservation or "hold" using SOLO.
Reserving books at the SSL using SOLO
- Sign in to SOLO using your Single Sign-On.
- Find the record of the book in the catalogue and click on the "Find & Request" tab.
- Click on the "+" symbol next to the entry for the Social Science Library.
- If the date is displayed under the item's "status", this item can be reserved. Click on "Hold" under "Request Options". Items marked "available" are already in the library and do not need to be reserved.
- Select the "Social Science Library" as the "Pickup Location".
- Click on the orange "Hold" button to submit the reservation request.
- See the SOLO LibGuide for more information on placing reservations.
Readers will be notified by email when a requested book is available; it will then be held for two working days.
Reserved books awaiting collection may be consulted by any reader in the library on the condition that they are returned to the desk immediately if required for collection.