You can renew items you have out on loan or items from closed stacks that you are consulting in a reading room via SOLO. Books being renewed on the due date must be renewed before midnight.
You can renew loans from the SSL a maximum of 7 times; once the maximum has been reached, books must be returned to the library to be re-issued.
Signing On to SOLO
To renew items you have out on loan or items from closed book stacks that you are consulting in a reading room you first need to Sign In:
Members of Oxford University
Current members of Oxford University should sign on with their Oxford Single Sign On at the next screen. If you do not know your SSO or need to reset your password, please visit the Oxford University IT Services SSO webpage.
Non Oxford Members
Other members of Bodleian Libraries should choose ‘Other Bodleian card holders’ at the next screen and sign on with their library card barcode number and their library password. See LibGuides for instructions on setting and resetting your library password.
1. Sign on to SOLO using the options in the top right hand corner (see above Signing On
2. Choose My Account (top right of screen)
3. Choose Loans (to the left of the screen)
4. You will see a list of your current loans in the body of the screen with renewal options on the far right of the screen.
In most cases when you click Renew you will see an on screen message reading ‘renew successful’.
Occasionally your renewal will fail and you will see the message ‘renew not allowed’. Contact the library for assistance. The most common reasons for a renewal failing are:
- the item has reached its maximum number of renewals
- the item has been held (reserved by another reader)
- you have a fine of £10 or more on your record.
Fines and Blocks
To view your fines or any blocks on your account choose Fines and Fees or Blocks and Messages.
Help with Renewals
If you need help with a renewal please contact the library from which you borrowed the item. The SSL issue desk telephone number is 01865 271093.