Ground floor (Car Park) – Contractors Compound Set‐up
- Hoardings made of wooden ply will be built around the designated space. Hoarding construction should be nearing completion by the end of the week. Disturbance – low‐level disturbance due to the use of hand and electric tools, negated by external background noise.
- The Heras fencing will stay in place until the timber hoarding has been painted.
- Contractor deliveries to the site will be frequent, but measures are in place to control traffic flow –they are not expected to restrict the movements of delivery vans or visitors.
- A small amount of asbestos requires removal from the ceiling void of the Lankester room, currently sheeted off with polythene. Disturbance – medium‐level disturbance due to the use of hand and electric tools. Negative pressure extraction fans units will be running continuously causing low‐level disturbance.
- Contractors will access the area via the fire escape stairs on the Abbot’s Kitchen side of the library.
- Fixed racking and shelving continuing to be removed. Works will last a further two to three weeks. Disturbance – some low‐level noise and disturbance from the use of hand and electric tools and manual handling of metal and wooden rack components.
- Core drilling (stitch drilling) of lift pit in basement slab, anticipated to last approx. 2‐3 weeks. Disturbance – medium to high level of noise (example: equivalent to that of a vacuum cleaner running next to your desk constantly)