Working closely with our colleagues in the Radcliffe Science Library, we provide a wide range of services to support the needs of students within the Medical Sciences Division.
Please see our Collections pages for more details
All of our books and journals are listed on SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online)
Clinical Reading Lists –details of where you can find the key texts on your reading lists.
Please see our Group Study Rooms page for more details about group and private study spaces available.
Our libraries provide group study rooms that you can book in advance or just turn up and use as well as quiet places to study or browse the newspapers and latest journal issues.
Please see our IT Facilities pages for more details.
- IMSU supply and maintain a number of computers and printers for the sole use of medical students, which are housed within the Cairns Library.
- Medical students can borrow laptops during opening hours, Monday-Friday, from the Cairns Libarary and Knowledge Centre.
- We also have over 50 PCs on the Bodleian Libraries network that you can use to access the Internet and to search all of the major healthcare databases as well as thousands of electronic journals. You can also access a range of standard office software packages.
Wireless and printing
Wireless access is available at both our sites as are printing and photocopying facilities.
You can print from all PCs that are on the Bodleian Libraries network. Please see the Bodleian Libraries Making a Copy pages for more information.
Please see our training pages for more details.
We can provide you with training and advice on a wide range of resources and information skills, from making best use of PubMed and how to get the most from reference management software to help and advice on in-depth search strategies. Available as group or one-to-one sessions.
Please see our e-Resources pages for more details.
- Databases - OxLIP+, the complete list of Oxford University's databases, online reference works, and e-journal and e-book packages including the Oxford Medical Handbooks.
- E-journals - OxLIP+ e-Journals provides online access to hundreds of health science titles. You can find journals via this link from any computer connected to the University of Oxford network or use your Single Sign On
- Clinical Evidence: A collection of systematic reviews of over 3300 intervention in the context of over 670 clinical situations.
- PubMed: with links to Free Full Text & University licensed full text.
- Scopus: covers 15,000 journals, plus web sources and patents across science & medicine. Includes major medical databases Medline (USA) and Embase (Europe).
- Web of Knowledge: Web of Science (Science Citation Index, Conference Proceedings), Journal Citation Reports (impact factors), plus databases Medline and BIOSIS.
Student NHS Athens Accounts
Student NHS Athens Accounts for access to NHS National Content are available as part of a national agreement.
- All medical students in England are entitled to an NHS Athens Account for the duration of their course.
- The resources available on a student account are those that have been purchased nationally such as BNF and the Lancet but does not include resources acquired by the regional health authorities or local trusts.
- See www.evidence.nhs.uk/nhs-evidence-content/journals-and-databases
The Bodleian Health Care Libraries are responsible for administering these accounts in Oxford and have registered all clinical medical students en-block. All clinical medical students should have received an automated email from 'Eduserv Athens' advising them that an NHS Athens account has been set up.
For further information or assistance with NHS Athens contact email@example.com
Please contact us for more details.