Reference Membership of Bodleian Health Care Libraries is open to all staff and students within the Oxford Brookes University Faculty of Health and Life Sciences.
If you are employed by an eligible organisation, and are a Brookes student on a part-time course you may be entitled to full membership. Please contact us for more details.
We can help you by:
- Our enquiry team will help you with quick reference queries and advice on suitable resources.
- Showing you how to find books and reports using our catalogue, OLIS.
- Advising you on the availability of our print and electronic resources.
You can access:
- Books and Journals - We have a large collection of books & journals for you to consult. Search the Oxford University book catalogue via SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online)
- E-resources and Internet access - You can access the internet and reach the web-enabled OBU resources from our PCs. You will also have access to some of our e-journals and databases, licences permitting.
- Group and Personal Study Places - Our libraries provide group study rooms and quiet places to study or browse the newspapers and latest journal issues.
- Word Processing, spreadsheets etc - You can use the standard range of software to prepare your work. You can save your work to memory sticks or print it out.
- Scanner - You can also scan materials provided you adhere to copyright law.
- Printing and Photocopying - Available at both sites. See the Bodleian Libraries Making a Copy pages for more information.