Bodleian iSkills for the Medical Sciences
Thursday 16th March 10.00 -11.30
Venue – Beeson Room, Cairns Library, John Radcliffe
More information and book a place at:
During this introduction to citation tracking and bibliometrics we will use a range of 'impact factor' tools to find top journals and conferences, count citations and measure the impact of publications and researchers.
Subjects to be covered include:
• Understanding the main issues involved in using citation analysis to measure impact
• Using Journal Citation Reports and CiteScore Journal Metrics to find journal impact factors
• Using Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar to track and count citations to papers and individual researchers
• Calculating your own h-index
• Measuring impact using altmetrics
• Creating a researcher profile and using ORCID IDs to identify your work
Intended Audience: Researchers, Academics, Research Support Staff and Research Postgraduates in Medical Sciences.