Online Learning Resources for NHS Evidence HDAS (Healthcare Database Advanced search) and PubMed
NHS Evidence provides a range of clinical databases to staff who have an NHS OpenAthens username and password. These databases are: Medline, Cinahl, Psycinfo, Embase, Amed, British Nursing Index, HMIC (Health Management Information Consortium).
Here are some guides for using the NHS Evidence HDAS (Healthcare Database Advanced search) interface:
PubMed online learning resources:
- PubMed Simple Subject Search tutorial (takes 1 minute to complete, PubMed)
- PubMed Search by Author tutorial (takes 2 minutes to complete, PubMed)
- PubMed Searching with the MESH Database tutorial (takes 3 minutes to complete, PubMed)
Getting Started Leaflets
Our Getting Started leaflets were introduced in Spring 2005, and they are extremely popular. Download as many as you like for free (a PDF reader is required).
- Getting Started with citing references Jun 13
- Getting Started with electronic document delivery (SED) Jul 15
- Getting Started with electronic journals Jun 13
- Getting Started with e-journals via Oxford University Jun 13
- Getting Started with e-journals via NHS Athens Jun 13
- Getting Started with an NHS OpenAthens account Jul 15
- Getting Started with Bodleian Libraries Wireless Jun 13