If you have a question about the collections and services of the Bodleian Education Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Oxford University Libraries
- a former member of Oxford University Libraries needing to use the Bodleian Education Library
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by the Bodleian Education Library
then Ask a BEL Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the Bodleian Education Library who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: Bodleian Education Library, 15 Norham Gardens, Oxford, OX2 6PY
- telephone: 01865 274028 (+44 1865 274028 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask a BEL Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the Bodleian Education Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working daysare Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to Bodleian Education Library collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.