The Bodleian Libraries are organising a Wikipedia ‘editathon’ focusing on the Queen Victoria’s Journals online resource (www.queenvictoriasjournals.org).
The Bodleian has worked in partnership with the Royal Archives and ProQuest to deliver online all surviving versions of Queen Victoria’s diaries, which detail household and family matters, affairs of state, meetings with various eminent figures, and her reactions to both public and personal events. The resource will be freely available worldwide for a limited period to coincide with the anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birthday on 24 May.
The Bodleian is hosting an editing session in Oxford, bringing together contributors while also encouraging virtual editing for those outside the city. The session is intended to improve Wikipedia coverage of individuals and events mentioned by Queen Victoria in her journals.
The afternoon will include a short talk and tour through the online resource from the Queen Victoria’s Journals project staff.
- Date: Friday 24 May 2013, 1pm–4pm
- Venue: Training Room, Radcliffe Science Library, Oxford
- Participants: All welcome! Experience is encouraged, but basic editing information will be available.
- Registration: Please sign up at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_University_of_Oxford/QueenVictoriasJournals
- Cost: Free!
- Contacts: Any questions? Please contact email@example.com