Over this Long Vacation we will introduce Self Collect in LRR. Readers will be able to collect material they order from closed access themselves without waiting for staff intervention.
To make this possible the current staff-mediated reserve in LRR will close. The new Self Collect pick up location will be in the Reference Room, near the Main Enquiry Desk. The old reserve area will be turned into open access shelving, increasing this provision.
Timetable of changes:
- Readers will be able to request items to Lower Reserve until 5pm on Friday 12 July
- Items requested by this date will be available to consult in LRR until 4pm on Saturday 20 July
- Readers wishing to consult items requested to Lower Reserve after Saturday 20 July should ask staff by 2pm on Friday 19 July for these to be transferred e.g. to Upper Reading Room (URR)
- All items still in Lower Reserve on the morning of Monday 22 July will be returned to storage
- All non-Special Collections bookservice to the Old Library between Monday 22 July and Monday 5 August will be to URR. Items delivered to URR can be used in LRR (as now)
- The Self Collect service is expected to come into operation in LRR on Monday 5 August