How do I reserve books already on loan?
If a book appears on SOLO with a date in the 'Type / Status' column, this means it is already on loan until the date shown.
To place a reservation on the book, follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to SOLO by clicking on 'Sign on' (for help on signing in, see: 'How do I renew books?')
- Click on 'Hold' in the 'Request Options' column.
- Click 'Hold' to submit the reservation request. You do not need to fill in the author, title, volume and notes sections.
- To check the progress of a hold or to cancel it, go to 'My Account' in SOLO followed by 'Requests'.
- When the book arrives back at the relevant library, you will receive an email asking you to collect it.
You can also view a YouTube video on how to reserve books. Link to: Reserving books on SOLO video.