How do I renew books?
Renew your books online by following the instructions below.
- Sign in to SOLO by clicking on 'Oxford SSO' (top right of screen)
- Select 'My Account'
- Choose 'Loans' from the options on the left of the screen.
- You will see a list of your current loans and an option to 'Renew All'. Alternatively, tick the check boxes next to the items you wish to renew and choose 'Renew Selected'.
In most cases, when you click renew, you will see an on screen message reading 'Renew successful'. Occasionally your renewal will fail and you will see the message 'Renew not allowed'. The most common reasons for a renewal failing are:
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals.
- The item has been held (reserved) by another reader.
- You have a fine of £10 or more on your record.
If you need help with a renewal or your renewal has failed please contact the Library from which you borrowed the item. You can view a YouTube video on how to renew books online. Link to: Renewing books on SOLO video